March 15, 2008

SBF

This morning just when i was about to leave the house to apply my PDL, i received a call from mindef notifying me that i've been mobilised. Mixed feelings. Sian being my entire saturday will be wasted by going back to camp. Relief being SBF would finally be over after today and i do not need to live my weekends with worries.

Anyway, MO announced that one medic from our med ctr will be picked for the oversea exercise in Canada. It is the most "prestigious" oversea exercise and instructions from CO is to pick the "most deserving" medic. I know alot of my colleagues are eyeing this exercise for a long time, esp the specs. For me, i do not have any keen interest in going overseas for exercise but for this exceptional case, i really feel some inclination to go for it. I mean how often you get the chance to go so far, to Canada and experience the beautiful scenery there. Definitely a very wonderful experience. Furthermore the trip is fully paid by SAF which makes the opportunity even more rare. Well, alot of the specs are interested which means i have lower chance of being picked. Coz i am not a spec. I was like thinking, getting a man to represent sg for the exercise cover in canada seemed very awkward. Furthermore, i think one or two of the specs that expressed interest are "more deserving" than me to represent my medical ctr, namely Jeremy and my 2IC Kenneth. I will be happy for them if they get picked and i will voiced by support for them to the MO. On the other hand, i feel like giving it a try and maybe if i really got picked, that really shows how much the med ctr recognises my performance, skills and knowledge. So its quite a dilema for me here.

No comments: