September 08, 2007

One week has passed and my stay in Chong Pang Camp has become more meaningful. I mean, i have a clearer view of how the medical centre runs and the job scope expected of me. I'm glad i am able to help up in some of the things around in the short-handed medical ctr but there is definitely more things to learn. This week seemed to pass rather slower compare to in SMTI. Perhaps it is because the official working time is 8 to 5 (though we have to stay in). Anyway, some of the highlights this week were: evacuating a patient to TTSH, IPPT cover, night deployment cover, etc. Some of which is really interesting but i shall not elaborate due to security reasons. Anyway, I've learnt alot for the past 1 week and the coming week, i am going to put them into good practice. Welcoming me on monday when i report to camp will be a 2 days 1 night outfield cover which i will be doing ALONE. I am feeling rather nervous about it because it is the first time i am covering an activity alone, i can start to feel the heavy responsibilities on my shoulder now. Furthermore, i do not know how to handle potential unreasonable demands that is beyond my jobscope and responsibilities there. But still, wish me all the best. Anyway, there will be 2 new specs joining us on monday which i cannot welcome due to my outfield cover. I am really starting to appreciate my little "family" in the medical ctr bcoz everyone is so good to everyone, well at least for what i can see now.

Anyway, i managed to get myself an airforce dryfit tshirt, shorts and most importantly the airforce beret and crest which i am proud to wear. But still i cannot get my camp pass process due to complicated reasons with regards to who the medical ctr now really belongs to. Some say gombak, some say sembawang some say chongpang. No one wants to take the responsibility to process our pass i feel. As for the medic vocation badge, i still cant manage to find it. Not many places sell those.

I went to book my highway code basic theory test today. Witnessing that all my seniors in the medical centre knows how to drive, i am more determined to get my license earlier. Hence without much hesitating i proceed on with the booking this morning. My test date is on 16th Nov. It is a friday which means i have to take leave on that day. Wish me luck.

Just now went for bunk outing at marina sq. Sadly only 4 pple including me turned out. Had lunch at sweet secret which i feel is a little ex (but the rest feels it is of affordable price). I dont come from a rich family you see. After that we went to play pool where malic n kyn have to leave for personal reasons. That left me and nelson to watch the legendary locally produced movie <<881>>. Although i has been out for near one month, the show still gains great popularity now as the entire theatre was at full capacity. The movie was very nice. I would have easily given it 5 stars out of 5 stars. The wide range of costumes donned on the actresses were very nice and colourful. The setting was so heartland. Most importantly, it made me and my friend (as well as the entire theatre) cry. The final part (where little papaya was hospitalised and dying) was so sad that i just could not control my tears. I was trying to hide them, trying to control and trying to secretly wipe them off but each second as the final part of the show proceeded, more tears just flow out. The songs were song2 (old fashioned in hokkien) but nice. Definitely worth the money. Now i understand why all my friends that watched it gave great comments for it.

Anyway, after the movie when me and nelson walked out, our eyes were freaking red like we have gotten conjuvatities. After that it was 9+ and i went home. So yes, thats basically for this week. Next week...outfield...haiz...hopefully i dont "die somewhere in the wild" as quoted by one of the enciks in my bmt coy.

No comments: