August 31, 2007

Returned to SMTI on thursday morning, the day after POC. This time, it felt different. I was back as a trained medic waiting for posting unlike before where i went back as a trainee. It was good to see the same old building, same old trainees, same old sgts there welcoming me. But I was tense. Everyone was tense. We were very nervous over our posting, which decides the fate of our remaining days as a medic in the army. Got my cert, got my skill badge, got my AED n mask fitting card. Very proud of them, esp the skill badge. Finally got something can sew onto my uniform. Then we, all 3 platoons, were gathered at the open audi where the truth was about to be revealed. As the names were read out one by one according to respective units, i witnessed my friends leaving the pack, some with disapointment, some with shock, other with relief. The group shrink in size as more names were read out. My heart pounded faster and faster. 1SIR, 6SIR, arti, armour, SCE, etc...Soon it was left until about 1/6 the original size. And then master warrant past a remark to the corporal reading out our names "i think thats all for army". We were all very excited upon hearing that. Meaning we shd either end up in RSAF, navy or those cmpb, mmi thingy. And then i heard, RSAF ADOC...a few names followed my mine. I suddenly felt a quick sense of relief. RSAF !!! Omg...after one big round i am back to RSAF. Well, with regards to this, it is a long story dating to back then before i received my medic posting. So i wont elaborate much on that. Me and ah fu both posted to RSAF ADOC medical centre at chong pang camp. I heard its quite good, just that we have occasional turn-outs. I felt damn happy. After lunch and well-wishing some of my fellow platoon mates, me and ah fu embarked on our journey to chong pang camp. It was pouring. We had a hard time flagging a taxi that transported us there. Ah fu's friend working in that camp came out and fetch us. Upon arrival at the medical ctr, we were sorta warmly welcomed. The seniors (corporals and sgts) there are nice people. Very friendly. We learnt that our understudy will commence this monday. In the meanwhile, we sat around and observe. We were shown our bunk. The cookhouse food was not much better than anywhere else. Because we exchanged our 11B for visitors' pass, we cannot have our breakfast since our seniors were not with us to lend us their 11B. So we went up to canteen for our first breakfast there. We balonglong-ed all the way to medical ctr. Not very used to it. This morning we learnt how to prime injections and jab pple. We found ourselves some live-victims from a batch of NSmen going overseas for training. We also learnt how to do ECG and we did it on a newbie and also an encik. We learnt how to draw blood, on the expense of each others' arms. Afternoon after lunch, did not join the rest of my seniors for soccer. Went out of camp at around 5pm. Seemed to be a very slack day. But then i guess when understudy commence and we know our stuff, we should be very busy like our seniors. So hoping for the best, hopefully i get to stay there and have a nice time there.

PS: I am gonna go emart and buy the RSAF tee shirt, PT singlet and beret w/ crest. Omg !!! Sooo cool !!!!

No comments: