August 29, 2007

Today is our big day. It is the day me closed one chapter of our life and start on another. It is out passing out parade for us basic medic course trainees. Held at old ford factory where the "superior looking" bukit timah hill stood firmly behind us, in such a "historically significant" place, we witnessed the birth of a new batch of medics from SMTI. Seriously speaking, i really feel very numb then throughout the parade, when the commanders donned the armband on me. Not much feelings. I wonder how far i can go this 2 years with the limited skills i've learnt. I've read one of my sgt's blog on his friendster acct. He is doubtful of our skills. Seriously speaking, i am also a little doubtful of our ability currently to handle a crisis. Perhaps through time and experience, we could, but as for now, being freshly passed out medics, i really dont know. Anyway, most of us will get our postings tml. It is really nerve wrecking. I really wanted to go to a good unit, hopefully near to my house. 8 to 5 is a priviledge I long desired. I can only pray for the best.

No comments: