June 13, 2009

Sci Camp Briefing

I woke up early in the morning today to attend sci camp briefing held at LT25. Its basically my first uni orientation camp and i know this is a great opportunity to know more people and open up while entering this new phase of my life. Anyway, i left the house early around 8.30am coz i gotta meet up with kenneth at 9.30am at buona vista mrt. So i took bus 74 which arrived promptly, unknowingly entering an arduous bus journey to school. The bus moved very slowly, perhaps the driver has too much time. When the bus reached bukit timah, i was only left with 10min to 9.30am so i asked kenneth to proceed to the busstop outside LT27 first and wait for me there. I decided to take the usual shortest route to sch, i.e. 74 then 151. However, just as i finished msging kenneth, 151 just zoomed passed my bus 74! I was hopeing that 74 will overtake it infront but it didn't, rather, it moved even slower. I alighted 74 after maju camp to wait for the next 151 which took 20min to arrive, after witnessing 3 more bus 74 zoomed pass my busstop. Its just not my day today. When i finally boarded 151, it was alreadi 9.51am. And when 151 dropped me at Yusoff house, it was already 10.02am. I was hopeing that a shuttlebus will come and pick me up but no there isnt. I saw the sat interval was 15 to 20min so i decided to sprint 2 busstops down, knowing that i was already quite late. It was upslope then downslope and by the time i reached the busstop, kenneth and his friends cheered me like i just completed my first marathon.

As i made my way into the LT, already drenched, the crowd in the LT disapointed me coz its, in chinese saying, little cats two to three of them. I do not know its pull strings or wad but alot of them r from kenneth's sch. Hurray, i am sole ranger again. But anyway, was given a short brief on what to expect and what to bring for the 5 days camp. Theres gonna be a clubbing night on day 4 so its kinda "exciting" coz it will be my first time to a club. And i do not know whats "clubbing attire" - can anyone enlighten me? The brief lasted less then half an hour? And we made our way outside to pay up, submit the consent form and get our photograph taken. Oh i met Jeslin, my sec 3 - 4 classmate, who happened to be in the camp committee or something. But anyway, everything finished around 11+ where i took another boring train journey back home. Alright, apart from the stupid dermatitis which i googled online only to find out the real name is dyshirosis, i am down with sorethroat. Brought some danzen, hopeing it will subside soon. I wanna go sci camp fresh and healthy to enjoy the full essence of it.

No comments: