January 12, 2005

Woah, it has been weeks ever since i last blogged. Lessons hav started and i'm still trying to accomodate into my new learning environment day by day. Anyway, since today is CCA orientation day, i shall touch abit on wad happened today and my ultimate choice of CCA(s).

Firstly, we were given a briefing on the various CCAs available in AJ and the PEARLS' system. As the audience's enthusisasam level is rising every second, the JC1s cant wait to view the display booth set up by the CCAs and made their wise choice. Once the signal to view the exhibits was made, everyone rushed out of the audi and embarked on their CCA hunt. Lolz.

The air rifle booth was set up juz outside the audi, so it attracted me and my OG members' attention. Since i've a passion in shooting, me and my fellow OG members signed up for it. Furthermore, our OGL is an air rifle member, which makes transition smoother. Lolz. Ok, AVA (Audio Visual Aid) club booth was located next to air rifle. Witnessing the unwelcoming feedback from the mass JC1 students, i decided not to view it temporary. It reminds me of a chinese 4 word phrase "wu2 ren2 wen4 jin1". I went over to Edwin and Zhihao over at the hall to view some other CCAs. There were the CO, ELDDS, Dance club and table tennis, etc. None caught my attention other than table tennis. However, i decided to roam other areas first b4 returning to table tennis. Moving back to the AJ square, we viewed the booth set up by Wushu, ODAC and some other CCAs. Zhihao signed up for wushu while Edwin signed up for ODAC. I returned to AVA booth where i "grilled" the students incharge on the system function of the club. Well, it is evident that AJ's video was quite good for the past few yrs except for last yr. (Coz they didn win any awards in the 5th SVA while we zhss won. Lolz) I decided to sign up for AVA coz it is somewhat similar to my CCA background in ZHSS. Being a passionate Media Club member of ZHSS, i've always been enthusisatic about AVA stuff like PA system and video production. So i hope that my past CCA records, my past achievements and my experiences can contribute significantly to AVA club. As for the service AVA club did for the school, i dont treat it as a tedious work, i dont mind coz i'm familiar wif such stuff and i can earn CIP hours. Lolz.

Next, we went to the tennis booth, hockey booth and other stuff. I returned to the company of my OG members. While we proceeded to the hall, i, once again, was attracted to the table tennis booth. Being a total sports retard, the only few sports i can play are badminton and table tennis (not counting bowling and pool). I hav a sudden urge to sign up for table tennis. However, witnessing the excellent and splendid skills of the few JC1s who signed up, i was discouraged. I felt that i can never hold a par to them and i will nv be choosen to join the CCA. Hence, i decided not to join table tennis. However, i will still play it during leisure time to satisfy my greed for this sport.

Okay, dats enough rubbish for CCA orientation. However, i really hope i can get into air rifle la. Hope i can perform well in the trial sessions as i've never ever hold an air rifle b4. Haha. I can only depend on beginners' luck. Haha.


No comments: