April 08, 2008

$10 Cut

Alright, i am always skeptical about those $10 haircuts which sprouted all around Singapore's neighbourhood centres and shopping malls. It is now a past phenomenon but their presence still prevails significantly. I wanted to go back to my usual barber shop for an haircut (juz b4 my MO can nag at me to do so) but upon arriving, i realized it was closed. Hence, i LLST have to visit the $10 cut at AMK hub near my house to get my hair done.

As i decend from the escalator, my eyes started observing the $10 cut shop, my mind still filled with skeptism, thinking could they do a good job. But out of desperate measures, i have to patronize them. As i enter the shop, the barber, or wadever u call them, greeted with a smile as i slot my only $10 note left in my wallet to the money eating machine that vomitted a card as a "by product" of its money meal. I was offered a sit where then i told her i need to have a cut, make it short, sides must not touch the ears and stuff because of NS. I added that the fringe can be shorter but plz help me layer my hair so that i can style during weekends. Without much hesitation, the barber started processing on my hair.

The time taken for my hair to be cut was real damn short. The outcome was satisfactory but i feel the sides were abit too high. But its much better than my worst thought - too ugly that i needa shave my head. The barber handed me my free comb and i walked out thanking them, in my mind thinking if i look okay with this new haircut... ...

No comments: