March 14, 2009

ORD LO !!!!

ORD LO !!!! Finally 2 years have passed. Went back to HQMC to collect my pink IC yesterday. The feeling was never that great to have completed another milestone of my life journey. Together with my IC comes along with my certificate of service and a page long testimonial, which i guessed was written by my MO. Very grateful for that piece of testimonial, coz i know some of my friends' testimonial was f**ked up as their superior cant be bothered to write a proper one for them. I was, however, saddened that i am posted back to army for reservist, it was 3 C S H i thing. Heard it was quite xiong, have to build and tear down those big big tentage and containers that spread across soccer fields and what 12 hour medic/patient role-switch shift. Not sure bout that but to console myself, i would say, at least in times of war, i wont be the first few to die. Hahaha. It feels suckie not to be posted back to airforce la, given all my ex colleagues who orded were back in some airforce unit. Haiz.

Anyway, after collecting my pink IC and my testimonial, which i proudly stride out of nee soon camp, i went back to give a proper farewell to my current colleagues in CPMC. It was the place i spent majority of my NS life in, witness the sequence of developments, rise and fall of the medical centre, where i spent my time and effort as a dispensary ic, clearing piles of shit, discrepancies, work and stuff, making friends with ex colleagues, current colleagues, MO(s), senior medics, patients, officers from the units in my camp, blah blah blah. Nostalgic.

Its time finally !!! My time has come, for me to say goodbye, after witnessing so many batches of medics come and leave. Seeing how different pple display different work attitude, how new medics, under the supervision of us older ones learn the procedures of running the med ctr, pass their OJT test, do their first edrills, do their first D1 D2 duty, succeed their upper study to bcom dept ic and stuff....woot...it seems like a long journey, 1 yr and 3 mths. Now, i gladly leave with the med ctr under the good hands of my juniors and future batches of medics to come, under the hand of a new MO (my MO is ording also in 2 wks time) and wads more to come. Most imptly, my dispensary under the good hands of my wonderful self-picked understudy dillon. The only small sense of lacking comes from me unable to bid farewell to my MO, who is on oversea ex and also the medic who worked with me the longest - my dear store ic, oso on oversea ex. Hahahaha.

As i pulled my duffle bag out towards the main gate, just like how i pulled it into during my posting to cpmc, the sky started to rain, just like the first day i came in. How coincidental. This could be the last time i step foot onto the camp, coz i am now back to army. 2 years of service, learnt alot. Learnt alot of clinical skills esp in cpmc, esp for my role as dispensary ic and a mopa, all the drugs and stuff, all the basic consultations for normal sick cases....very much useful in the future. And now, i shall embark on my next milestone in life, and that is the start of uni sch life. Very excited, heard its gonna be stressful....however, i will say....BRING IT ON !!!

No comments: