February 06, 2009

I Toured NUS Today

After having a simple breakfast of bread with omlette this morning, i walked to YY's house to use his computer for applying my relief teaching thingy online. I have totally no idea why everyone's internet except for mine can access to the online application. But its okay, i've settled it within half an hour.

After i settled my online application, i accompanied YY to NUS coz he wants to buy books. He didnt buy any in the end but nvm. We took a bus down and when we got there, it was 1.45pm so we waited for mk's lecture to end at 2 before having lunch at Arts canteen. With limited funds in my pocket, i settled for my lunch with just $2.60 and an additional 75cents on drink. At least i was consoled that NUS food wasnt as expensive as i think it should be. We walked around aimlessly at Arts Fac until mk's next lesson was bout to start.

Then, we took a shuttle bus to Sci fac and we toured the bookshop. I personally feel the books sold there were much more expensive than NTU. The range was also quite limited. In the end we didnt buy anything. Hmmm.... It started raining and YY, who had many experience doing sch lab attachment there brought me on a tour of my future sch. The layout was messy and i often find myself arriving at dead ends. Old can be a word used to describe the sci fac. Disappointment set in coz i am supposed to spend my next 4 yrs there. The canteen, as known to all, was the worst of all in NUS. Oh man....

As the rain subsided, we went to SRC. I wanted to see the free gym and swim pool i can access to when i am a student next time. The gym i saw was utterly small and there is only 1 competition pool to support the entire varsity. Abit disapointed really. Hopefully there are other bigger gyms in the school that i have yet to come across.

I took a feedle bus out to buona vista and took a train back home. I will be matriculating soon to NUS sci this yr and hopefully i wont regret my choice. Haha. Though some kinda disapointment has set in already but then...i always hope for the best. Haha. At least thats the only thing i can do.

No comments: