December 15, 2008

So many things to buy !!!

Christmas is coming and its time for shopping. But with limited money, the issue of want and need surfaces. There are so many things i want to buy for myself. This has resulted in an ambiguity differentiating want and need. Excerbating the situation is the fact that i am a spendthrift where, as described by my mother, "money come into pocket, very hard to come out". Now you see i am going to ORD in 88 days time and i need to prepare for uni days. With the already pathetic pay from NS (which will last me another 3 months) plus a small insignificant sum of money from tuition, it is not going to last me long enough for all i need to spend. At least i should change it to "for all i want to spend". Here listing the items on my shopping list:

1) A new Adidas shoe for casual outings (the only Nike one that i have and wore almost everyday since J1 has its sole detached) - Cost: ~$125 / Need / Urgent

2) A new Sony ericsson C905 8.1 megapix 3G camera phone that can serve both as a phone and a professional digicam where i can use after i ORD and into my uni days. - Cost: $595 w/ renewal of plan / Want / Not Urgent But very Tempting

3) A new pair of jeans for outing and schooling in the future. I currently have 4 pairs of jeans and looking at the high frequency of me wearing them, i think i should stock up on this. - Cost: $<50, probably from sales / Want / Not Urgent

4) New clothes. I am revamping my walldrobe. - Cost: <$30 each / Want / Not Urgent

5) New running/exercise shoes for my coming exercise regime launching 2009 - Cost: $0, buy from SAF emart using credit / Need / Urgent

6) A proper gyming towel for my coming exercise regime launching 2009 - Cost: $0 (waiting for people to give as Xmas presents =P / Need / Urgent

7) Christmas Present for Clique gathering on 28th Dec 2008 - Cost: $<10 / Need / Urgent

8) A new belt (the old white one i am using has been stained from dirt) and a beaded necklace to go with my plan design shirts. Its time to dress up better to attract girls' attention. - Cost: ~$20 / Need / Urgent

9) A new laptop for Uni days. - Cost: ~$2000 from Student Discount / Need / Serious not urgent until school starts next year

10) Application of some cards that will provide offer to certain places or shops. Can be credit card, member card, debit card, wadeva card. - Cost: The lower the better / Want / Not Urgent

No comments: