February 24, 2005

No, i've not prepared myself mentally to accept reality, wadever it is. For these few days, i seems to sense a very very bad feeling that my OLevel results will be detrimental. Dunno why, i juz got this feeling that history will take place again. I remembered years ago back when i was receiving my PSLE results. I am expected to score like 255+ but fate proved me wrong. I was shock at that time to get only 247. Even those that were used to score worse than me in school did better and got into special stream. I was totally devastated. And i juz got this feeling that this will come to haunt me again when i take my Olevel results.
I agreed with what many of my peers told me. They said that anything can happen for Olevel. Yah, its true. There are cases of senior scoring 6 , 7, 8 points for prelim and got like 15, 16, 17 for Olevel. Stunning. And i wanna add in my own comment on this impt national examination, dat is "Its anyone's game". Serious. I am afraid i will be those scoring below average results.
Suddenly, i felt that it isnt a bad thing to score "not so gd" results for prelim. Coz one will feel happier when they see an improvement in grades for olevels. However, it felt stressful for me to score "above average" results. Coz everyone will be looking up to me, they expect me to score well oso for olevel, but when i dun do well, the intense self embarassment is too great to have.
I had nightmares bout Olevel results ever since CNY period. I dreamt that i scored the worst results ever and everyone gloating at me. Is this kinda retribution? Is this gonna be real? I dunno. Perhaps i am thinking too much, perhaps these r indications of me really not scoring well. No one knows me better than myself. I knew how well i did for olevels. I can say, when i am attempting the qns, esp combined humans, i can sense myself not performing as well as usual. I am really very scared. Pple in my class will notice that i tonned down alot these few days, partially bcoz i self ostracized myself but most of the time is bcoz of my fear for e results.

My fate is sealed, i am gonna expect the worst, things seem to be pessimistic to me....i am dead !!!


No comments: