November 10, 2007

I went Orchard Road to jalan jalan with wil today. It has been quite some time ever since my last visit there. Met wil at AMK MRT and we took a train there. Alighted at Orchard and we proceeded to Food Republic for lunch. I had Nasi Briyani for lunch, which apperance reminded wil of Tekong cookhouse food. I felt "as though i was being poured by cold water". Haha, thanks for the comment. The price of the food in town is extremely expensive and this puts a strain onto my financial status. I went to Cold Storage at Ngee Ann City to buy myself a drink instead of doing so in the food court. At least supermarkets dont charge too much for a bottle of peach tea i guess. On the way we met dear Eric who was waiting for his friends, according to what he claimed. I caught him smoking red-handed. Bad boy Eric picked up smoking. As the "unofficial ambassador of healthy living", i condemned on such habits and urge my dear friends to stay out of it. Hahaha. Ok, the last part is crap.

Walked to Far East Plaza where it is a haven for trendy youth clothes. Realised that the Xmas decorations were up. Think its kinda early to put up the deco. I have yet to feel the Xmas mood yet. But rest assure i did not feel any deevapali mood although the festival just passed for a day. I think the decorations this year is kinda plain. Or is it the case that they have yet to finish the decorations. Look quite plastic to me. Furthermore the thought of 2 weeks consecutive outfield from monday onwards deters me from feeling any bit of xmas mood. Perhaps it will come after i survive the coming 2 weeks.

Happened to walk pass the (in)famous new shopping mall on its way of construction, Orchard Ion. Nice name. As someone passionate about chemistry (i am intending to pursue a degree in sci, chemistry in NUS), i totally find the name interesting but is, unfortunately, currently still unable to draw any parallel between an ion to a new shopping mall in orchard. Not dwelling into the past debate over the naming of this new mall, but perhaps future chemistry textbooks will have new content:
Ion
Definition: A charged particle caused by an atom or a molecule gaining or losing electrons.
Cation (Defn): A positively charged particle caused by atom/molecule losing electrons
Anion (Defn): A negatively charged particle caused by atom/molecule gaining electrons
Orchard Ion (Defn): ??? A new shopping mall at Orchard Road??? (What about the electrons?)

Upon arrival at Far East, we shopped for quite some time from basement to level 3. There were alot of shops but i could not find anything that meet my satisfaction. The clothes were either too expensive or too plain/ugly. I have to confess that it is very difficult for me to buy clothes, especially with my high "sense of fashion" and my extreme "sense of thrift". Many a times, i would go around shops comparing price and in the end decided not to buy because the desire just diminished. Poor wil had to accompany me "waste time" in the mall. I did find some very nice ones but they were way above my budget. Wil got himself a pair of shade which i still feel is too big for his head. No offence for that.

We then took a bus to Heeren where i realised all the trendy fashion shops seemed to have "extincted". Perhaps after the renovation work earlier on, the high rental has deterred any potential/existing fashion shop owners from starting/continuing business there. Walked to Central Point where i visited Times bookshop. I realised that months after i received my $60 Times voucher as part of the reward i got from my JC for scoring 4 A lvl distinctions, they were still unspent. I mean, i dont mind Kino or Popular vouchers where i can buy chemistry reference book but hey, Times is like all fictional books, if not business management books. And if you come across my friendster account, you would have picked up this: "Fave Books --> I dont read books, i BURN them!!!" But its ok, i bought myself this book call "freakanomics" which have good feedbacks from my friends. Intending to spend my 2 weeks of ardious outfield cover reading it, to kill time.

After these we took MRT back to AMK. Heading home i would say. There happened to be this girl who is quite cute standing infront of me. I thought wil didn notice her but he shared the same opinion as me after we alighted. Gave me a "pleasent" journey back home. Haha.

No comments: